Saturday 17 July 2010

Haraassment that the police are covering up

I have been harassed by a small group of people since September 2007. On May 20th 2008 I reported the incidents of harassment to the police.
As I did not know the identity of the harassers, the police told me there was nothing they could do at that time. I was satisfied with this at this time.

On 5th October 2008 I reported another incident of a doll that had been hung up on a noose at the end of my street which was aimed at me and I explained the reasons to the police.
The police told me to get the doll and they would send someone to collect it as evidence. I was phoned later that day and told that no one would be visiting me and the doll still remains uncollected.

On 29th October 2008 whilst shopping at Aldi, two men shouted threats towards my family and me. My partner my two young children and myself. They threatened to burn us, which I took as a death threat.
I was told a police officer would be sent out and then later that day I was called back to be told that again no one would be sent out, and that the had been passed on to Radcliffe police station and I would be contacted by them.

On 3rd November 2008 I had still not heard from Radcliffe police station so I contacted them. I spoke to an admin staff member who told me the police officer was dealing with my case and he had left a note on her desk telling her that the case was still undealt with. He also advised me to contact the sergeant if I had not heard anything by the next day.

As I felt the police weren't doing anything, I took some legal advice from the legal services in regards to investigating the incident myself. I found out that I could request the CCTV footage of the incident from Aldi. I first spoke to Aldi to find out if they had any footage of the incident, which they did. I then proceeded to send a written request to Aldi.

On 4th November 2008 two female community police officers visited me. I explained the incidents of harassment that my family and I had received. They both felt it was far more serious than they were lead to believe, and it was beyond their capabilities as community police officers. They referred it back to their police force and I was told the situation had been put to grade 4. Which they did not explain to me what this meant.

On 5th November 2008 I was phoned by police officer. I was told my case had been referred back to Manchester call centre for someone else to deal with and I should now contact the main switchboard to follow up progress of the investigation.

On or around the 20th November 2008 I was phoned` by Whitefield police station. I was told that my incident would not be investigated. The officer then went on to tell me he thought my harassment seemed a little far fetched and suggested I may be paranoid.

Aldi had CCTV footage of the incident and also a man working on the till and security guard witnessed the incident. The guard even followed the men out of the store because of their behaviour. Aldi were not sure about their requirements in regards to the CCTV footage, so they contacted Radcliffe police station. They were told to send the footage to Radcliffe police station and I would be able to collect it from the police station. I was told that I would be contacted when the cctv footage arrived.

March 6th 2009. As I had not been contacted by either Aldi or Radcliffe police station, I phoned and left a message at Radcliffe police station asking where the cctv footage was.

On March 10th 2009 I was left a message, I was told Aldi didn't have any cctv footage available. I thought this was odd as I had already been told that there was footage and employees at the store had viewed it.
I contacted Aldi to be told that the disc that the cctv footage had been recorded on was unreadable, and the footage is only on the system for a month and half.

I am very disappointed in the reluctance of the police to investigate the incident. The police could have viewed the cctv footage for 1 and a half months and interviewed witnesses at Aldi. This was not an isolated incident and there was recorded evidence of the incident. I am also very upset by the way in which I was spoken to by the police officer that suggested I was paranoid, there was clearly evidence to back up the incident.

This harassment had continued to this day 3 years on.

2 comments:

Stacy David said...

The police are harrasing me still in 2013

Stacy David said...

The police started a campaign of harassment against me since I put in a complaint to the IPCC in 2010. They were even sat in their car as I went to the post office last week which is in the street I live in.